BENEFITS OF READING
- Reading is fun, entertaining and relaxing.
- Reading is mind stimulating and transforming.
- Reading is therapeutic.
- Reading is inspiring.
- Reading is analytical and engaging
- Reading is informational and powerful.
- Reading is self educating.
SEVEN POINT PROGRAMME TO TEACH LONG SUFFERING FOR BOOKS AT HOME
- Read to babies, toddlers, Preschool and school aged children. When you read to or with children, you are modeling reading. Do not deny them the opportunity to learn from you, their most important teacher.
- There are lots of age appropriate books to choose from for children, choose wisely. Choose books teaching different concepts and issues around us.
- Have a place for books in your home or classroom; they are the most important tools for teaching reading.
- Teach the very young to read pictures, then words and to retell as well.
- Hold book discussions daily and encourage children with rewards like a new book.
- Control television use and manage use of other technological gadgets.
- Join book clubs and visit libraries weekly.